Metro is the world's largest international newspaper and is recognized by the Guinness World Records. Metro International S.A. publishes free newspapers in over 100 major cities in 20 countries around the world, including Asia, Europe, North and South America.
Metro Daily was launched on April 15, 2002. It is distributed free-of-charge from Monday through Friday in MTR stations and other key central locations. Besides MTR Kwun Tong Line, Tsuen Wan Line, Island Line, Tung Chung Line and Tseung Kwan O Line, Metro Daily hasextended its distribution network to Ma On Shan Line, Airport Express as well as most of the stations including Shatin, Fo Tan, University, Tai Po Market, Tai Wo and Fanling at East Rail Line. The extensive distribution network enables Metro Daily to reach young metropolitans, and become their daily news fix early in the morning. These demographic groups are usually affluent and well-educated, with high purchasing power and are dynamic to different media options.
- Metro Daily has a daily average circulation of more than 400,000 copies.
- Metro Daily's average readership has reached 725,000 per day.*
- 70% of Metro Daily readers are aged 18-49.*
- The gender division is 49% male and 51% female.*
- 30% of Metro Daily readers attained tertiary education.*
- 71% of Metro Daily readers are employed.*